6 Kitchen secrets every chef should know
Use these tips to keep things from going
awry in the culinary department...
* Hard-to-open jar? Just slip an elastic band around the lid, get a good grip and it'll open.
* Made your curry or chilli con carne too hot? Cut a lemon in half.
Squeeze the juice into the pot and throw in the lemon. Stir and cook for a few minutes. When you remove the lemon, you'll also remove the excess spiciness!
* Wine left over from a dinner party? Pour it into an ice cube tray and
freeze. Use later for cooking any dish that requires wine.
* Dirty microwave? Put half a lemon in a bowl of water and place in the
microwave. Turn on and let the water come to a boil. Leave for a few
minutes, then wipe clean. The vapour removes both the dirt and any nasty lurking smells.
* Want to get that water boiling quicker? Easy. Put your pot of water on the stove to boil. Cover the pot with its lid, and put a good mound of table salt on top of the lid. Depending on the type of lid, you might have to turn it upside down so the salt won't go everywhere!
* Hate having to peel fiddly garlic cloves? Cut off the root ends of your garlic cloves. Put the cloves in a small bowl and cover with boiling water.
Leave for about two or three minutes. They'll be dead easy to peel.
Submited By Cindy