Cool Off With Kulfi
Is there an Indian version of ice-cream? You bet! Try Kulfi. With it's oh-so-milky and mild cardamom flavors it's sure to have you hooked. This recipe makes enough Kulfi for 4 people.
- 1 litre full cream/ whole milk
- 1 can (400 gm) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted almonds/pistachios cut into slivers (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into a deep, heavy-bottomed (preferably nonstick) pan and blend with a plastic whisk (to avoid scratching the pan).
- Cook on a medium flame till the milk mixture is thickened and reduced to 75 per cent of its original volume. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Turn off the fire and add the cardamom powder and almond slivers. Mix well.
- Cool the milk mixture completely and pour into a freezer-safe dish - any shape is fine. You can even use ice-lolly containers to make handy individual serves. Kids love them!
- Freeze and when firm, unmould or scoop out desired portions and serve. Source : About.com